Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Someone Called Me Good Looking Today


You wanna play a game? I wanna play a game. 
"My good man, where is the rotgut rum?"


As I was walking into a place, a woman was walking out. She took a look at me, did a quick inhale then said, “Man, aren’t you good looking?”


Where was I walking to?

   Supermarket
b         Gym
        Liquor store

Do you really even need a minute to figure this one out?  The liquor store. Of course it was the liquor store. The same damn liquor store that serves me no matter how banged the fuck up I am.



So, there I was, like the rest of us schmucks. Yet another winter storm was coming in, and like the rest of suburbia, I have to have enough booze to mollify myself for a night. I was walking in as a woman was walking out. Now, I would like to say this was a 22 year old super model walking out, but the truth is it was an older woman. That point doesn’t bother me because, because the real take away here is someone found me attractive.

What I get when I GIS "22 year old hot model."


Does the point bother me that this was at a liquor store where they notoriously serve any drunk ass that stumbles in? No, because this woman was clearly sober. I don’t care who finds me attractive. She could have been blind with a cane and a service dog, and I would be equally as stoked she said it. This hot mess ain’t got no room to be picky.

To this random woman, thank you. Thank you for making my day, and just giving me that little extra boost of confidence that a lonely night of drinking can’t quite provide. Readers, take note, just one act of kindness, one slight push of karma can make a difference. Also, take note that good things really can happen at the liquor store. Maybe not to your liver, but certainly to your ego.

No comments: