Monday, January 11, 2010

Leave Me Alone, Fred Hadayia

I really shouldn’t be in the position to turn people away. I need all the connections I can, so as I might actually find a job that offers real human dignity and a wage slightly above paperboy. It’s hard to feel wanted, desired when I send out so many Goddamn resumes to jobs I am sure I am more than qualified to do. I’ve gotten into the practice of changing my resume every other month or so. I am on so many job sites anymore, I have honestly lost track. Plus, it’s an easy way to feel wanted.


On most sites, if you change your resume in the slightest (I’m talking like insert a comma of change one word) a rush of job offers will flood your inbox. I know I’ve written of this before, but it bears repeating. I don’t know how they do it, but there must be some bot or software on most major job sites that cause this. Without fail, whenever I change my resume, I get all kinds of offers for interviews.


They almost all seem to be for the same general line of work; for some form of insurance company. I have learned through trial and error that I should avoid these types of jobs. I have wasted my time in 2 ‘interviews’ for such outfits. Here’s a job hunting tip; if at an interview, they ask you next to nothing about your previous job history, head for ze hills. I admit to having no real software knowledge, but I imagine these programs some how monitor new resume postings. I am sure they look for keywords. And since every unemployed yahoo generally uses the same ‘power’ words, nearly every resume gets noticed by this insidious software. An email will automatically be triggered to your account. The deal with most of these jobs is they are almost always 100% commission based, something I am uncomfortable with. And a lot of them involve cold calling accounts. Seriously, would you buy insurance for your company from some stranger who just showed up at your door? Very rarely are you offered any kind of salary. Big corps love doing this because it’s less paperwork, and less money for them to spend on such frivolous things as ‘salary’ and ‘benefits’.


Sure, the first few times I changed my resume, I though I was all hot shit because I got a rash of new emails. It wasn’t too soon after that I saw these as spam. And it is here I met Fred.


Now I don’t know Fred, I mean, he might be a helluva guy and all. I do know two things about him. 1) He sure is persistent. Every GD time I change my resume, ol’ Fred sends me another form email. And 2) he must not be organized, because every time I change my GD resume, I get an email from him.


Fred strikes me as that nerdy little kid in school that keeps talking, but no one has a clue what the hell he’s babbling about. Speaking as a perspective employee, I sure can’t be impressed with Fred’s organization. I mean, what does it say when I always get an email from him? It says he’s not very organized. It says he can’t take a fucking clue, because not once have I ever replied to him. Being out of work for so long, I have developed a new talent to read between the lines. So if I have been getting the same from email from good old Fred, what does it say about the job? It says the job must suck. He’s apparently never been able to fill it, and if he did, the new guy must not have stuck around long enough.


Patrol the job ads on the internet enough, and you can develop a sense when a job is bad. I have literally seen the same job advertised by the same company for over 2 years now. That says a lot. It says either the job or the company must suck; maybe both. Using CAPS or 5 exclamation points is a red flag. I have developed a Spidey like sixth sense about such jobs. After I fell for one or two.


So it’s time to call Fred out. I usually try not to use last names here, but since this specific subject is easily searched, let’s just call him out. Yea, I’m talking to you Fred Hadayia, and he works for something called American Income Life (how ironic the acronym is, since he has been ailing me for two plus years now) You keep pestering me, and I don’t appreciate it. There is nothing in my bio that says I would have any proclivity to your job. Maybe my years of ignoring you haven’t proven the point to you yet. In case you don’t semi regularly get Fred’s email, it generally goes a little something like this:


My name is Fred Hadayia; I'm the State Director with American Income in Harrisburg, PA. Our Human Resource Department has viewed your resume on the Internet and I wanted to contact you to let you know we are looking for qualified candidates to help our rapid expansion. We had sent you an earlier email letting you know I would like to set up an interview with you. We are looking for Managers and Sales Associates to help us manage our expansion in central Pennsylvania. This position is for management and outside sales. THERE WILL NEVER BE ANY COLD CALLING OR PROSPECTING, EVER!!!


Please note the CAPS and exclamation points I alluded to earlier. Is Fred secretly an 11 year old girl?

(Anyone that gets the joke with the picture will earn my eternal repsect. That's a .37 value! Post your answer in the comment section below.)

Seriously, Fred Hadayia? You have a human resource department that poured over my resume, and decided I am not only a candidate, but a real deal “qualified” candidate? Well, shiver my timbers and other such antiquated euphemisms! I would hate to see the motards AIL actually rejects. I appreciate that you make some meager acknowledgement of your previous email that I immediately deleted. Maybe that wasn’t a clue, Fred Hadayia? I’m guessing you’re the type that didn’t get a lot of dates in school, am I right? I mean, that’s OK, I didn’t either, but I imagine you as actually worse off than me.


Fred Hadayia of American Income Life, I should also mention, in the interest of fairness, that the company you represent, American Income Life, has been the subject of some ethical debate. By way of reference, Fred Hadayia of American Income Life, I point you and my three other readers to this debate from some five years ago on Rip Off Report. Looks like you’ve got some ‘xplainin’ to do.


Fred Hadayia of American Income Life, I ask you publicly to please stop pestering me. I am not interested in your job, and we are both better served by ending this silly thing now. Best regards to you, Fred Hadayia of American Income Life.

DVD Bonus Material

No lie, as I was writing this and editing this (OK, that's a lie, clearly I don't edit my brilliance) I got yet another email from good ol' Fred. Generally, I am wary of using last names on here (don't tell me you never Googled yourself). I can only hope somehow, Fred stumbles upon this. I really hope unemployed people who get his bullshit will search this out and see what's going on. Consider this my service to the internet.

Alternate Title

I Don't Want You to Want Me, Fred Hadayia

10 comments:

dan said...

Fred Hadayia has been harassing me too. Leave me alone TOO!

sux2bu said...

Fred hired me 5 years ago. I can't be happier. It's too bad you spend your time complaining and not seeking gainful employment, but that's ok-they will extend your unemployment benefits(again). If you want the real low-down on Fred's company you can go to AM Best. They rank insurance companies. AIL has an A+ Superior ranking. That's not hearsay.

Kevolution Theory said...

Dear Sux,
First of all, thanks for reading and leaving a comment, I really do appreciate it.

I am glad you are happy with AIL. It's certainly not for everybody, and am glad you excel at the job. However, your reply intrigued me.

Your Google search (American Income Life, Hadayia agency, Plymouth Meeting, PA) to get here seems very specific. I wonder why you are Googling your boss. I suspect it's either because 1) there is something troubling you about Fred or 2) you are a syncophant and looking to kiss up. But those are just mere aspersions.

I also wonder if you checked out the first 9 entries or just skipped down to mine. Here's something that's not hearsay. Google Fred Hadayia, and the first thing that comes up is Rip Off Report, the second being this here lil' blog. What that tells you is that whenever someone Googles Fred, the top 2 results are Rip Off Report and K Theory. Don't get me wrong, I am flattered either way.

God forbid you Google something to the effect of "Mandy Moore watches me pee" because I also get a ton of Google hits from that as well. Makes me wonder about who reads this shit...

Sux, I am glad you are happy, and more power to ya. Be sure to tell everyone else at AIL about K Theory.

sux2bu said...

Kev,
The only reason I left a comment was to attempt to derail your obvious campaign against a pretty good guy, and a solid company that provides a great service to the "working" class...of which you probably do not qualify at this time.

As far as why I googled AIL was to obtain address and phone number for insurance licensing information. You see, I have Fred's personal cell phone number and am independent of that office.
Still intrigued? I have never, nor do I ever need to suck up to anyone for any reason. Maybe this comes to the front of your mind because of a storied past that might include a little sucking up of your own...that did not work out too well. You see, I know your type. You are a 20 something yr old liberal who got all caught up in HOPE and CHANGE and now your pissed off that you have neither the saviour you hoped for nor the job. So you have to take it out on someone. Why your probably still complaining that AIR AMERICA was cancelled. (Silly tree-huggers...intellectual talk radio is for conservatives.)

This is the first time I ever "waisted" time at my computer like this. (Please accept my apologies if you did not vote for Osama Husein Obama). However, we can both agree that times are shitty. I struggle to make six figures now where in the past it was a part time deal.

Seriously, you might want to give it a go at AIL, or at least find out more details. And I'm not recruiting... I am not a manager. But if the public knew the opportunities at this company they would be breaking down doors to work here, especially in this economy.

You need to understand, all this rhetoric about rip-offs comes from people who do not understand nor believe in the insurance industry. If these accusations were true, both the state and federal insurance commissions would be all over us. But time and time again they are all unsubstantiated. 50% of all households that lose a parent without coverage are destitute within in a year. The other 50% have our product or someone else's and at least avoid going on the public dole.

I must say this is quite fun. I did not expect the.........what ever you bloggers call it, it is amusing. Thank you for responding to me! Either way, I wish not to
be personal and sincerely hope you have success in the job market,-except working for the dems in November. Don't do it man! They are going to be slaughtered. LOL-is this the correct use of LOL? one of my tech savy liberal friends does that too often on all his texts. Its so easy to ramble on and on and on..........:(

Anonymous said...

Im a little late but I have to defend Fred here as well. I dated his son some time ago. His father is not a bad guy at all. He wasnt handed this position in the company. Guess what? He started at the bottom and worked his way up, to pretty much the very top. He's very business smart and said yes to an opportunity that made him millions. The same opportunity that your turning down. But thats okay. You are right. This job is not for everyone. If theres one thing I learned from his son, who also works for his father (who also had to take the same state licensing tests that you would have to take) is that this job is for people who dont take no for an answer. People who will go to no ends to make that paper. It involves a lot of hours, but in the end pays off. Literally.

Oh and Im pretty sure the emails are automated so dont flatter yourself. lol

Anyway, Ive said enough. Fred II and Fred III wouldnt care enough to look at this blog or have the time to even if they did care enough. And Im sure he wouldnt want me waisting anymore time on this as well.

Unknown said...

Thank you sooo much for this post. I too became suspicious when in the last 3 days I received "interviews" for insurance companies and the first was good ole Fred. So after 3 days I said ok, let me take a closer look. It sounded too good to be true so then finally I googled him and your post was the first & best response. Thank you! At least I won't be wasting my valuable time unemployed "interviewing" for this kind of crap!

By the way, in the picture is that Fred, Carla's ex-husband in the great TV sitcom, Cheers?

If not, I think he plays a loser ex-husband in another TV sitcom.

Again, thank you, I really appreciate your time and effort!

:D

Anonymous said...

Same thing happened on me too. I also received that email from Fred. But since it was coming from an insurance company, I was planning to ignore it, 'cause it is "insurance company" (you know what I mean). But I was also curious about this Fred in this company, 'cause the content in the email was too good to be true. THen I googled it, and find the rip-off report about Fred, and also this post. Those are very helpful. Thank you for this information.
And Fred, leave me alone too.

Anonymous said...

The company is nothing but a pyramid scheme. Fred and his lackeys only care about making money off of the countless underlings that they recruit and, check this out, lose sometimes in as little as 2 weeks. I worked for the company and was treated like a dog. Do I have a grudge? You bet but that still does not excuse the horrendous lie that this job presents when truly you are just a number that Fred makes money off of. And as far as his character, the man is nothing more than a glamoized used car salesman. He is used to everyone bending to his every whim like a big, fat jerk. I loathe him with all my being.

Kevolution Theory said...

In case you didn't see my reply.... Thanks for the inspiration.

http://kevolutiontheory.blogspot.com/2012/10/reading-hate-mail.html

Anonymous said...

Thanks everyones for holding back on how you really feel about this man.